[tor-dev] UX Idea - A controller inside TBB

Nima Fatemi nima at riseup.net
Tue Jul 8 17:40:27 UTC 2014

Hi Devs,

[For those of you who have missed Vidalia, and for those of you who
hated it dearly but still needed an easy-to-use Tor controller]

A long while ago, when I was bored on an airplane, I tried to imagine a
nice controller inside TBB, with all the good features of Vidalia and
some more stuff.

Fast forwarding to couple days ago...

I was hitting a weird exit node that wouldn't let me connect to any site
except Google. I only had TBB on that machine, and couldn't find a way
to find my Tor IP address. That UX nightmare reminded me of this image I
complied on that trip. Although it's not finished and is based on
imagination only! I thought I'd share it anyways, hoping to inspire
people to start hacking on it.

https://people.torproject.org/~nima/ux/about-tor.png

Here's my question for you:
How would you perfect that image? What's missing?

Let's talk about your ideal controller (inside browser).

Who knows... maybe someone would read this thread and make it happen.

Bests,
--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B | @nimaaa | mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall