[tor-dev] Orbot & Orfox - GSoC bi-weekly report 3

Amogh Pradeep amoghbl1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:41:40 UTC 2014

Status Report 3
July 4th, 2014.

Things I have done:

1)Building Fennec:
Finally built Fennec and applied the patches to provide anonymity to some
extent. The apk can be found at
https://guardianproject.info/releases/FennecForTor_GSoC_prototype.apk .
This is just a prototype and requires the original browser code to be a
fully anonymous browser.

2)Building tor-browser:
I downloaded the source for tor-browser which is based on firefox 24esr.
Built it, and it runs, makes an apk which works to some extent but I was
informed that the browser won't function unless certain plugins are added
to it. This means that I'm going to have to port the plugins to work on
Fennec or find a usable alternative.