[tor-dev] Torspec proposal for adding new X- fields to relay descriptor

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Thu Jul 3 10:53:11 UTC 2014

Hi griffin!  Come join me at the Mozilla room and liberate this key from my
grasp!

schema which forbids unknown keys (unless they start with X-).  And the Tor
program rejects the relay if the torrc doesn't match the schema.

Secondarily, it makes sense to additionally verify that the generated relay
descriptor also matches the schema.

If either of these checks fail, then give the user an error to change their
torrc file.

-V