[tor-dev] I have a group at internet archive that are, interested in buying a lot of OnionPi's

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Tue Jul 1 00:03:45 UTC 2014

It's already established that, for clients, onion-pi's are
discouraged---onion-pi wifi doesn't protect enough (I.e., at all) from
browser-based attacks.

Given that, The question is now, "Are onion-pi's are good enough to be
useful relays?"  Roger said no.  Is there a more informed opinion on this
matter---particularly from someone who has actually tried this?  Are there
any relays that are known to run on onion-pi?

If an onion-pi is insufficient for a useful Tor relay, what is the limiting
reagent?  What more does it need to be useful?

-V