[tor-dev] Review of Proposal 147: Eliminate the need for v2 directories in generating v3 directories

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jan 28 10:36:03 UTC 2014

On 17/01/14 16:39, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> On 1/16/14 10:03 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote:
>>> - I'm going to ask Alex to disable version 2 statuses on dizum using
>>> DisableV2DirectoryInfo_ 1 to see what that does to the network.  We
>>> should probably finish the 2048 bits RSA keys upgrade first before
>>> changing yet another variable.
>>
>> Soynds good.
>
> Okay, will post here how that went.  Might take a week or maybe longer,
> depending on how far the 2048 bits RSA keys upgrade is.

So, dizum is now running with this new setting for a week, and it looks
like the Tor network survived quite well.  Yay!

>>> - If there's no convincing argument to implement opinion documents, we
>>> close this proposal as rejected.

Please find my branch prop147reject which also mentions more explicitly
that authorities scan the other votes for descriptors they don't know.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/karsten/torspec.git/shortlog/refs/heads/prop147reject

All the best,
Karsten