[tor-dev] Estimating Traffic Correlation Attack ?

Nicholas Hopper hopper at cs.umn.edu
Tue Jan 21 21:59:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:22 AM, Salahuddin Pasha
<s9mdpash at stud.uni-saarland.de> wrote:
> 1) Are you aware of an open database or of client-side scripts that
> could help us predict via which ASNs and IXPs a route will be go, from
> one given IP address to another given IP address (in our case from one
> Tor relay to another Tor relay)?

There is an implementation of the Qiu/Gao AS Path inference algorithm here:
https://github.com/swordqiu/ASPathInference
some students in my graduate course were once able to use this for a
class project.

> However, we wanted to ask you whether you are aware of more work
> concerning our research direction. It seems to us that somebody should
> already have been interested in such a questions.

Since you are posting to tor-dev, you might already know, but the
following papers have looked at AS-level adversaries in Tor, building
some databases that might be useful as well:

http://freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/ccs2013-usersrouted.pdf
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/ndss13-relay-selection.pdf
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/oakland2012-lastor.pdf
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/DBLP:conf/ccs/EdmanS09.pdf