[tor-dev] Anyone wanting to write some Weather-tight code?

Abhiram Chintangal abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:42:43 UTC 2014

On 01/09/14 22:07, Damian Johnson wrote:
>> Hello Karsten,
>>
>> It looks like a nice little project to work on. I reguarly check my
>> relay-status via Atlas, at the moment using the Onionoo service makes sense
>> to me too.
>>
>> For now the onionoo-glue-code, seems like a good place to start.  Do you
>> have any other suggestions or ideas?
>>
>> thanks!

> Hi Abhiram, glad you want to tackle this! I'm not sure if it makes
> sense with the plan to rewrite Weather but six months back I submitted
> a patch to swap the present Weather from TorCtl to Stem...
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/8264

Sounds great, I took a cursory look at the Django application in the
repo, I should be able to reuse many modules from there.

> Testing and merging that might be a fine way of getting acquainted to
> the present codebase and functionality.

If I understood everything so far, I should look at ways to use
Onionoo's restful service instead of the current approach which
uses stem to grab hourly consensus updates of via the tor-network.

--
Abhiram Chintangal
Graduate Student