[tor-dev] Dusting off dir-spec.txt

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jan 7 08:42:34 UTC 2014

On 1/6/14 6:04 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote:
>> [Re-sending, because my first attempt apparently got lost somewhere.
>> Apologies if gets found and this is now a duplicate.]
>>

>> Hi devs, hi dir-spec.txt authors,
>  [...]
>> Would you accept patches making these changes?
>
> I'm okay with re-ordering for readability and maintainability, and the
> order you describe seems okay.  I think that we'll need more changes
> for readability, but there's no reason to let the perfect be the enemy
> of the good here.

Great!  I'll make the described changes, and then I'd like to hear what
other changes you have in mind.  But first things first.

> One request:
>
> The patches that move text should do literally nothing other than move
> text. They should not exit, reformat, delete, renumber, or anything.
> That should happen in other patches.
>
> Rationale: It is much more difficult to review patches that move and
> edit than patches which only move things.

Okay, I was planning to avoid changes other than moving text except for
the renumbering part.  But sure, I can do the renumbering in a separate
commit.

All the best,
Karsten