[tor-dev] Small FTE question

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Fri Jan 3 14:20:19 UTC 2014

Hello Kevin,

I saw your recent changes to the FTE codebase. The code looks nice!

I then tried to test it, but I got a bit confused by the CLI. I wanted to
try the good ol' ncat test, where I put FTE in the middle, an ncat
listener on the server side, and an ncat client on the client side, and
throw bytes around. How would I do that with the FTE CLI? I looked at
https://fteproxy.org/docs/0.2/fteproxy.html but I'm not sure how to use
the server_port and client_port switches properly. Can I configure the
client-side to push data to a specific destination, or is it always a
SOCKS listener?

Also, is there a way to make fteproxy increase its logging verbosity?

Thank you!