[tor-dev] Proposal 229: Further SOCKS5 extensions

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 28 17:08:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Yawning Angel <yawning at schwanenlied.me> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Based on feedback from nickm/arma, I have extended the proposal to also
> cover Tor's SOCKS port, including response codes related to hidden
> service status.
>
> Additionally, instead of having a username/password field pre-defined,
> the extended authentication method has been generalized to contain
> key/value pairs for extra flexibility in the future.
>
> Questions, comments, feedback appreciated as always,

This is now proposal 229!  (I've wrapped the lines a little, but made
no additional changes.)

After adding it to Git, I made some redundancy tweaks and asked a
bunch of annoying questions that we'll probably want to figure out
before implementing anything like this.

Filename: 229-further-socks5-extensions.txt
Title: Further SOCKS5 extensions