[tor-dev] Request to expunge project 'torsocks' on Google Code

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Wed Feb 26 13:06:25 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-26 13:46, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> I think this is a fine idea - if no one objects, I'll purge it.

No objection per-se, but a recommendation/check-up: check how google
handles removal and if it allows a new project of the same name to be
created there. This as it would otherwise be easy to start 'stealing'
traffic and such (though then reporting it to google abuse might resolve
that).

As such, either they do not allow recreation for at least a few months
till all links expire, or likely better: empty the repo, disable most
features and put a big "we are not at X" thing on the main page, even
changing the project title etc to reference the same.

Greets,
 Jeroen