[tor-dev] Tor Browser Weekly IRC meetings at 19:00 UTC Wednesdays

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Wed Feb 26 03:13:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 07:09:39PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
> > 1. What have you been working on last week that other TBB people should
> > be aware of?
>
> I made bundles with tor-fw-helper and flash proxy. They worked for some
> users, but there are questions about port forwardings potentially
> lasting forever and about the safety of the UPnP and NAT-PMP libraries
> used by tor-fw-helper. I think the idea is stalled and I'm not planning
> to do anything more on it unless someone thinks of a different angle.
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5213#comment:13
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5213#comment:15
>
> I made and revised a patch to give pluggable transport binaries access
> to the OpenSSL DLLs on Windows. Pluggable transports are in a
> subdirectory so they don't automatically have the same DLLs that tor.exe
> does. The effect was that programs using M2Crypto (an OpenSSL wrapper)
> for certificate pinning failed to run, causing a fallback to the less
> robust flashproxy-reg-http program. I only noticed this bug a couple of
> weeks ago.
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10845#comment:5

I also figured out golang packaging in the TBB as a side effect of
making meek bundles. (So, let a thousand Go transports bloom.) I didn't
test reproducibility yet.

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-qa/2014-February/000340.html
https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dcf/tor-browser-bundle.git/commitdiff/tbb-3.5.2.1-meek-1?hp=tbb-3.5.2.1-build2

David Fifield