[tor-dev] Guard node security: ways forward (An update from the dev meeting)

Phill Whiteside PhillW at PhillW.net
Tue Feb 25 08:16:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to follow this, so perhaps if someone could explain a little bit
to me.... metrics reports.....

valid-after 2014-02-25
00:00:00<https://exonerator.torproject.org/consensus?valid-after=2014-02-25-00-00-00>
r phillw tNrlqRlQkVqUXVGLWFYhQeYBYI0
pR9ddClTA2Eo6AI989NA3BGXNs4<https://exonerator.torproject.org/serverdesc?desc-id=a51f5d742953036128e8023df3d340dc119736ce>
2014-02-24
14:29:23 176.31.156.199 9001 0
s Fast Guard Named Running Stable Valid
v Tor 0.2.4.20
w Bandwidth=7530
p reject 1-65535

I'm guessing that the cut off level proposed is 'Bandwidth'... to what
level would it fall before said relay was not used with guard, or am I
totally wrong in my thoughts of what is being proposed?

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw