[tor-dev] Drop or merge the projects wiki?

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Wed Dec 24 20:38:45 UTC 2014

>> I could see the advantages in that if there was a high degree of
>> involvement in this area
>
> It could be that since the content is somewhat triplicated
> over the three urls, no one knows where to join in, how, who to
> contact, etc. Wiki is a mess overall.

Agreed.

>> However, in practice I'm the sole person keeping the
>> page updated.
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/projects?action=history

Gap between v72 and v73: 10 months. Iirc this wiki came out of a dev
meeting where folks wanted to enumerate everything we had. The
volunteer page does a better job of this nowadays.

>> The static site allows a nicer presentation
>
> Artwork over content perhaps.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I'd argue the content on the
site is way better too. ;)

>> The wiki I cited is pretty old - is there anything from it we want to keep?
>
> What will become of all the then orphaned wiki pages be rehomed to
> what listpage?
> Where then will the unofficial unfunded or unbacked projects on there be listed?

This is a fair point. As you mentioned the wiki is a mess. I'm biased
to drop unmaintained pages, especially if it's a duplicate, but I
can't say I care very strongly.

I'll leave it alone and just continue to maintain the volunteer page.

Cheers! -Damian