[tor-dev] A Tor document parser implemented in Go

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Tue Dec 16 09:44:17 UTC 2014

I have started working on a project to detect sybils and other anomalies
in the Tor network.  Once the algorithms are implemented, I want to run
them over historical data.  While Stem is great, it's implemented in an
interpreted language which makes it a little bit too slow for my needs.
As a result, I started working on a simple parser implemented in Go:
<https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/phw/zoossh.git/>
Here's a mirror on GitHub:
<https://github.com/NullHypothesis/zoossh>

At the moment, the parser partially supports historical network
consensuses and router descriptors as archived by CollecTor.  I hope to
be able to add more file formats soon.  Also, the API is not yet stable,
so it's not wise to use it just yet.  However, I wanted folks to know
that I'm working on that and I'm always happy to get feedback and
patches.

Cheers,
Philipp