[tor-dev] Internet-wide scanning for bridges

A. Johnson aaron.m.johnson at nrl.navy.mil
Sat Dec 13 13:54:29 UTC 2014

There are even better solutions than this:
  1. Port knocking: <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Port_Knocking>
  2. Single-packet authorization: <http://www.cypherpunks.ca/~iang/pubs/bridgespa-wpes.pdf>

ScrambleSuit has implemented something like #2, and its paper (http://www.cs.kau.se/philwint/pdf/wpes2013.pdf) describes its authentication mechanisms as preventing detecting via network-wide scanning. However, I can’t say how it actually got implemented.

Aaron