[tor-dev] Distributing TBB and Tails via Torrents

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Wed Dec 10 18:53:53 UTC 2014

I have been trying to download the new Tails the past week via torrent
and the tracker seems to be broken.

I know it isn't a good idea to use torrents over tor, but why doesn't
torproject.org distribute the TBB, Tails and other tor related software
with torrents?

And if torproject.org doesn't want to host a tracker, what would you
recommend for the trackers system requirements?

If I were to do it, a few requirements I have are:
DNSSEC enabled domain.
Not an open tracker, only serve Tails, TBB and other tor related packages.
The torrent files are available through https with a valid certificate.

Thanks,
Chuck