[tor-dev] Fwd: [guardian-dev] Orfox: New Firefox-based Android Private/Secure Browser

isis isis at torproject.org
Thu Aug 21 10:18:41 UTC 2014

Nathan Freitas transcribed 3.5K bytes:

> Nice outcome from GSoC! I think the primary discussion here is whether
> Tor Browser's existing build system can be extended for Android, and
> whether "Orfox" should exist at all as separate app/project.

Is there somewhere where Tor developers might track the translation between
the patches on your fork of the mobile Firefox and the Tor Browser fork of
Firefox? I.e. Guardian Project commits abcdef01 and abcdef02 correspond to TPO
bug #1234 which maps to Mozilla bug #11223344, etc.

It's a tiny bit hard to track what's going on between your merges of upstream,
your student's code, your code, and what you are purporting to fix relative to
what we've already fixed. I apologise for all the extra trouble this would
place on you, but I think in the long run that it would make collaboration
between the TB team and Guardian Project's Gecko fork easier for everyone
involved.