[tor-dev] RPM: migration to systemd service

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:36:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Nusenu <
BM-2D8wMEVgGVY76je1WXNPfo8SrpZt5yGHES at bitmessage.ch> wrote:

> Ondrej Mikle:
> > If possible, I'd like to avoid the if-defs. Do you perhaps have a
> > tip how to make the spec file "nice" and have it work both with
> > old startup script and systemd? Maybe some patch?
>
> I would not mind having clean separated per-distribution spec files.
> That way you can basically reuse the complete spec file from the
> distribution and you would have systemd support without having
> to think about it - they probably have had their fair amount of testing.

I spent about a day adjusting and merging the Fedora's systemd tor.spec.
However, it won't build the git source (e.g. with LIBS=-lrt ./autogen.sh &&
./configure && make dist-rpm). There is something missing in the .spec
which makes rpmbuild fail on not finding the correct source directory, but
I wasn't able to figure why that happens as rpmbuild is quite hard to debug.

Ondrej