[tor-dev] Proposal idea: Stop assigning (and eventually supporting) the Named flag

Sebastian Hahn hahn.seb at web.de
Wed Aug 13 14:40:33 UTC 2014

On 18 Apr 2014, at 21:56, Nick Mathewson <nickm at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Thanks!  I've added this as proposal 235.

Code review down to 0.2.3.x has shown that the naming-related code
hasn't changed much at all, and no issues were found which would mean a
Named-flag free consensus would cause any problems.

gabelmoo and tor26 have stopped acting as Naming Directory Authorities,
and - pending any issues - will stay that way. For now, the two will
continue to collect naming-related statistics to ensure we can turn it
back on in case any trouble is identified.

Cheers
Sebastian