[tor-dev] little-t tor "projects" in need of another keyboard

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Aug 11 13:32:07 UTC 2014

tibicen at riseup.net writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there any project in little-t tor that needs another hacker? I have
> (under another name) been writing tor unit tests, which I've "finished".
> What should I work on next? Happy to work on either new code or more unit
> tests.

FWIW, if you want to keep doing little-t-tor stuff and you like Hidden
Services, you might enjoy

The ticket is still an unsolved mystery.

If I were to approach that ticket, I would fetch the descriptors of a
few HSes, to see whether the IP calculation formula actually has a
problem. If that's the case, I would start toying around with the
formula, to find out which variable is causing it to fail.

If you are not familiar with the topic, check the "Hidden Service
Scaling" paragraph of
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-need-some-love
and of course read rend-spec.txt religiously:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/blob/HEAD:/rend-spec.txt

Cheers!