[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - July 2014
atagar at torproject.org
Wed Aug 6 16:32:17 UTC 2014
For one brief, glorious moment in time I touched code. Really, it happened!
House plants can vouch as my witness.
Or that is to say, I've coded a lot less than I'd like. Barring a long overdue
vacation to Sol Duc this month went toward a lot of random distractions...
* Worked with Philipp on overhauling our procedure for flagging bad
Philipp's taken the lead here and is doing a great job! While I find this
space interesting I'm already spread too thin, so going forward I won't be
a co-maintainer for it after all. :(
* Looked over Nick Hopper's consensus validation change, adding crypto blob
type validation to simplify his work. I now owe him a more thorough code
* Handful of DocTor issues including OOM troubles (#12457), unpleasant
amount of noise from consensus parameters (#12708), and a several minor
* Discussed adding a new X- extrainfo descriptor field with Virgil,
suggesting revisions and helping him make it conformant with the spec.
* System I do development on died a puzzling death. Even after twenty hours
investigating I'm still not quite sure what happened. Cleaning out dust,
removing the RAID controller, and starting over seems to have done the
* GSoC administrative work. We're now less than two weeks from the final
* Continued overhauling arm but as already mentioned focused on this a lot
less on this than I'd like.
So little coding makes me grumpy, so like many of you I'm taking a hard look
at where my time's evaporating to. Maybe there's something I can change or
extricate myself from to better focus.
More information about the tor-dev