[tor-dev] GSoC : Rewrite Tor Weather (Status Update 5)
sreenatha.dev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 10:04:28 UTC 2014
This report includes my 4th status update as well. Here is a list of things
I've been working on regarding the weather rewrite project.
- Fixed some django/database issues that were causing errors(seen with
Debug=True in settings) during user subscription in the weather webform.
- Added a config option to consider the deployment time only in
production mode. This was causing an issue previously because not many
relays are filtered(considered recent) due to the presence of deploy time
in the consideration criteria.
- Made use of django's setup_environ method to ensure the standalone
backend scripts running as cron jobs can operate with the proper settings.
- Updated the daily script to ensure Tshirt emails are not sent to relay
operators more than once.
For the changes made, check out
Here's what I'll be working on in the coming weeks.
- Squash any remaining bugs with the backend scripts.
- Get rid of previous mechanism of fetching data like listeners,
- Write down test cases for various usage scenarios(e.g., check if
emails are being sent to subscribers) within the vagrant environment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-dev