[tor-dev] Version bump of obfsproxy to 0.2.8 in TB breaks FTE

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Apr 28 18:06:45 UTC 2014

Kevin P Dyer <kpdyer at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Mike,
>
> It looks like [1] broke FTE [2].
>
> Can you hold off on pushing any releases public, until we resolve #11629?
>
> George - Can we revert obfsproxy back to 0.2.4, to give me time to sort
> this out?

Sure, that seems reasonable for now. Could you ensure that the TBB
team is aware of this downgrade?

BTW, on the long term, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to assume that
the internal networking API of obfsproxy is stable. It shouldn't
change frequently, but it wouldn't surprise me if it will need to
change again at some point.

Would it make sense to include in FTE the parts of obfsproxy you need?
Of course, this has other issues, like the fact that we will need to
fix obfsproxy bugs in FTE too.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles!