[tor-dev] GSoC: Ahmia.fi - Search Engine for Hidden Services

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Tue Apr 22 14:35:42 UTC 2014

Juha Nurmi <juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a student who is starting to work with ahmia.fi search engine as a
> part of Google Summer of Code. :)
>
> The proposal is online here https://ahmia.fi/gsoc/
>
> In practise, I have now time and funding to develop my search engine.
> George is my primary mentor and Moritz the backup mentor.
>
> Today, I will submit all the required documents (the tax forms etc.)
> to Google.
>
> After that, I think I will speed up with code base in the GitHub :)

Enjoy GSoC :)

BTW, looking again at your proposal, I see that you are going to do
both popularity tracking and backlinks.

How are these two technologies going to interact with each other? That
is, how will the indexer consider the output of those two features?

Also, with your newly acquired knowledge about backlinks, how long is
it going to take your incorporate them in ahmia? Are you actually
going to do it during the "Use an another crawler to search .onion
pages from the public Internet" phase?