[tor-dev] Panopticlick summer project

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Apr 22 08:35:52 UTC 2014

Gunes Acar:
> Sorry everyone for the long pause.
>
> I wrote down a proposal (and some code) to address issues raised by
> Mike and George:
> https://securehomes.esat.kuleuven.be/~gacar/summer_2014.pdf
>
> Looking for your comments and critics...

I am happy with getting 1), 2) and 3) done in that order but am a bit
wondering why that does not match your suggestion in the timeline. There
you plan doing something like 2) (+ maybe the "Implement fingerprinting
tests" from 1)), 3) and 1). Is there a reason for this? I am asking as
porting the Panopticlick and getting something live to use seems to be
the most tricky part of your proposal (I might be wrong here, though).
Having this as the last item to work on contains the nonnegligible risk
that it won't get finished which would we sad...

> On 03/21/2014 11:39 PM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
>> I think we're fine with open sourcing under the Affero GPLv3.

Wow. I almost missed that one in all the quoted emails and it did not
make it to tor-dev. But good to hear that we have something to build
upon. Thanks, Peter.

Georg