[tor-dev] Minor Onionoo specification changes in bandwidth and uptime documents

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Sun Apr 13 08:57:56 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm pondering to make the following possibly backward-incompatible
changes to the Onionoo specification:

 - Make write_history and read_history in bandwidth documents optional.
 We need to make sure that all known Onionoo clients can handle this
change and don't break if these formerly required fields go away.
 - While doing so, let's make uptime in bridge uptime documents
optional.  That will also make it consistent with relay uptime
documents.  This change is not directly related to this bug, but leaving
this field required seems inconsistent.

More details on this ticket:

Please let me know before Wednesday, April 16, if these changes would
cause major issues with processing Onionoo data.  Thanks!

All the best,
Karsten