[tor-dev] GSoC Proposal: Relay Web Status Dashboard

Bang Hui Lim limbanghui at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:32:01 UTC 2014

http://inspirated.com/2011/10/04/summing-up-gsoc-2011

> This was pretty slick, but coupling two separate UIs in the same
codebase was messy and in this next arm release this UI is being
removed. This was the right technical decision back in 2011 since Stem
didn't exist at the time (so arm's torTools module was the only game
in town for thread safe, cached controller interactions). Nowadays
however we have a nice controller library we can take advantage of.
Anything a relay dashboard needs should either be in your service or
added to Stem.

Thanks for the feedback!  The scope of this project is much clearer to me
now. I have made changes to the proposal based on this. Sorry my updates
have been slow because i'm swamped with school work atm.

> In TBB 3.6b1 on Mac OS, tor has been renamed to tor.real and tor is a
shell script that execs tor.real.  See:

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification!