[tor-dev] [RELEASE] Torsocks 2.0.0-rc7

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Fri Apr 4 22:40:43 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

This is the release candidate 7 for torsocks 2.x. Nothing major, fixes
and some code refactoring went in.

From this point on, the upstream torsocks git[1] is now updated with
that new code in the master branch but no stable release yet. With that,
my github repository will become a mirror for a while but I will close
the issue tracker after I move all the issues to the tpo trac.

I will update the list next week on the current status of torsocks and
what's next about this project.

Here is the change log for this version.

2014-04-04 torsocks 2.0.0-rc7
    * Fix: fix NULL dereference on error
    * Fix: memory leak in connect error path
    * Delete old source directory
    * Fix: nullify constant that might be undefined
    * Refactor the connect() code flow for clarity
    * Tests: add connect() test
    * Tests: add socket() test
    * Fix: socketpair() denied for INET[6] socket
    * Fix: socket() type check SOCK_STREAM
    * Fix: add autogen.sh to installation procedures
    * Fix: change TSOCKS_LOOPBACK bitness
    * Fix: support kfreebsd for mmap()

Again, as usual, and forever! *please* code review, test and most
importantly report any issues. Contribution ftw! :)

Thanks to everyone!

Git: https://github.com/dgoulet/torsocks.git
(mirror: https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dgoulet/torsocks.git)

Github tarball: https://github.com/dgoulet/torsocks/archive/v2.0.0-rc7.tar.gz