[tor-dev] jtorctl

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Apr 4 06:54:33 UTC 2014

On 04/04/14 04:02, Damian Johnson wrote:
> Hi Michael, glad you want to help! JTorCtl is pretty much unmaintained
> (it was last committed to in 2009), but if you file a ticket on
> https://trac.torproject.org we might be able to get it merged.
>
> Karsten, you're the last person to touch that project. Thoughts on the
> component for the ticket?

Wow, JTorCtl is probably not just unmaintained, but also probably
doesn't have a single application using it since 2009.  There's a reason
why it's sorted into the "Attic" group on https://gitweb.torproject.org/.

Michael, are you working on JTorCtl because you want to help out with
writing some Java code?  If so, I might have some other fine Java code
for you to hack on that is in active use:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-lib.git

https://gitweb.torproject.org/onionoo.git

https://gitweb.torproject.org/exonerator.git

https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-db.git

https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-web.git

Or are you using JTorCtl for some project of yours?  In that case it
might be easier to keep your own JTorCtl branch for now and ask for your
changes to be merged when you publish your application.  Of course, you
could also open a Trac ticket and ask for review, but that might take
between a while and forever.

All the best,
Karsten