[tor-dev] Feedback on recent Globe improvements

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Apr 2 14:20:04 UTC 2014

On 02/04/14 15:48, Nikita Borisov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Christian <me at rndm.de> wrote:
>>> Average graph data sounds good.  (If you're cutting off values left to
>>> x_start as discussed above, be sure to exclude them from the average.)
>>>

>> I updated the #11349 build with average data:
>>
>> http://globe.rndm.de/canary/index-11349.html
>
> I really like these graphs! One other thing that I personally would
> find useful is a graph showing the advertised bandwidth and consensus
> weight in absolute terms, to distinguish effects of things happening
> on my relay from those happening to the overall Tor network. Would
> that be hard to add?

It's actually not easy to add those new graphs to Globe, because Onionoo
doesn't yet provide these absolute numbers, just fractions.  But it does
sound useful to also have absolute numbers.  It's also something that
Roger wants for graphs for the Tor relay challenge.  I just opened a
ticket for this:

This is going to take a few weeks though.  If you have more ideas what
graphs would be useful to have, now is a fine time to mention them. :)

Thanks!

All the best,
Karsten