[tor-dev] Feedback on recent Globe improvements

thomas lörtsch tl at rat.io
Wed Apr 2 09:46:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

nice work! One nitpick: if the legend to the left was colour coded like the graphs I would not need to hover over the graphs to see which curve reflects which category.

I was thinking about how it could be possible to combine all perspectives in one graphing window. Especially the seperate window for the bandwidth perspective seems a little wasted and disconnected. Maybe the bandwidth could be rendered as a backdrop plane behind the curves, then on top / in front of it the bandwidth graphs in shades of e.g. red to yellow and the weights graphs in shades of blue to green. Not sure if that works or if you have tried it already. Would need 3 scales on the left, probably colour coded again. Benefit would be that the time slider on the bottom would work for all perspectives synchronously. I always like to have all the information in one place so that my eye doesnt have to wonder, my brain doesn’t have to correlate etc. But of course there’s a treshold where the interface get’s too cluttered to be useful anymore.

Ciao
Thomas