[tor-dev] Moving ownership to TheTorProject

Zack Weinberg zackw at panix.com
Tue Apr 1 16:02:23 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 11:23 AM, Griffin Boyce wrote:
>   In your git config, you can define a pushurl that is different from
> url.  Which effectively means that you can pull from github but push
> to tor.

That's not the issue; the issue is that I am unaware of any good way to
tell git to pull or push *all* branches that exist in a particular
remote.  Your example

> [remote "origin"]
>         url = git at github.com:zackw/stegotorus.git
>         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>         pushurl = zackw at gitweb.torproject.org/stegotorus.git

would IIUC pull/push only those branches that *already exist* locally.
In fact, I don't even know how to get it to *list* all the branches that
exist in a remote, whether or not they are tracked in the local copy;
when I've had to do this (once before, and never again until I learn a
better way) I wound up manually copying and pasting from the branch list
on gitweb for the remote in question.

zw