[tor-dev] Moving ownership to TheTorProject

Zack Weinberg zackw at panix.com
Tue Apr 1 15:01:59 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 10:48 AM, vmonmoonshine at gmail.com wrote:
> Hey Zack,
>
> I want to put up Stegotorus up for GSoC this summer. I was wondering if
> you mind transfering the ownership of your Stegotorus repo:
>
> https://github.com/zackw/stegotorus
>
> To "TheTorProject" on github:
>
> https://github.com/TheTorProject
>
> ? (https://github.com/zackw/stegotorus/settings then Transfer)
>
> If you don't feel comfortable, we can fork it as well.

[ Background for tor-dev: I am no longer involved in Stegotorus
development.  vmon and at least one other person are continuing to work
on it; this is currently happening in non-default branches of the copy
on my github account.  There is also a copy of the repo on
gitweb.torproject.org but it has not been updated in quite some time. ]

I discussed this with Roger on IRC yesterday and we came to the
conclusion that instead of transferring my Stegotorus repo to the
"TheTorProject" organizational account,
gitweb.torproject.org/stegotorus.git should be promoted to the master
copy.  I think right now I am the only person with write access to that
copy, and I am not sure what the right procedure is for granting you
access.  I'm also not good enough at Git to know how to copy all
branches of remote A into remote B (short of tedious manual actions
and/or shell loops).

I think this would also entail using Tor's Trac for issues instead of
Github's issue tracker.

zw