[tor-dev] GSoC Proposal: Relay Web Status Dashboard

Bang Hui Lim limbanghui at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 12:44:14 UTC 2014

Hi Damian,

I have uploaded yet another revision of my proposal. (Sorry about that!)

Also, while snooping around the dev version of Arm, I've noticed a slight
glitch in the _get_controller method of __init__.py in arm.util :

  if not stem.util.system.is_running('tor.real'):

    raise ValueError(msg('connect.tor_isnt_running'))
(I'm running on osx) My tor process is named tor.real instead, hence, this
raises an error stating that tor isn't running although it is.

changing it to

 if not stem.util.system.is_running('tor.real'):

solves this problem. Is this an issue (because I'm not using a linux dist
of Tor) or am I doing something wrong on my end?

Thanks!

Bang Hui