[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - September 2013
atagar at torproject.org
Mon Sep 30 03:22:37 UTC 2013
Hi all. Present status: gobbling birthday carrot cake. Before that, though,
did a few things worth noting in September...
Stem: Connection Resolution Support
Stem can now provide you with the active connections belonging to a process.
This is similar to arm, capable of doing lookups via seven *nix and FreeBSD
Unlike arm, however, this is a far cleaner implementation including both unit
and integ tests. Unfortunately this doesn't yet work with Tor's
DisableDebuggerAttachment feature, but I plan to look into workarounds for
'How do I use this', you ask? It's easy!
Arm: Rewrote Starter Module
Arm is presently undergoing an overhaul, and this month I focused on its
starter module. It's now shorter, has unit tests, and is just generally damn
Other news this month includes...
* Google Summer of Code finals were last week. All the remaining students
passed, having done great work - fingers crossed they stick around!
* DocTor's python replacement is now happily chugging along on yatei and
provides #tor-bots notifications.
* Attended a local TA3M meetup hosted by Lee Fisher. I'll be presenting a 'tor
ecosystem' talk at it in October. (https://www.seattleprivacy.org/?p=356)
* Notified outdates relays that will soon be dropped from the network if they
don't upgrade. (#9476)
* Investigated tor regression reported by stem's jenkins tests. (#9746)
* Code reviewed Aaron's TorPS. (https://github.com/torps/torps.git)
* Fixed a stem caching bug regarding hidden service config options caught by
* My site (https://www.atagar.com, which hosts arm) finally has SSL support.
More information about the tor-dev