[tor-dev] Retiring old user number estimates

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Sep 18 13:51:48 UTC 2013

On 9/17/13 12:02 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> I think it would be good to write a paragraph or two to answer Matthew's
> question -- why are these new numbers different, and what makes us think
> they're better? I admit I've lost track of the various user counting
> approaches too.

I thought more about this.  If *you* lost track of the various user
counting approaches, how shall the community understand what's going on?

I started a Q-and-A which I'm planning to add to the bottom of the
metrics page when I retire the old approach:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/MetricsUserStatsQAndA

Please, everyone, help make these questions and answers better.  It's a
wiki page, please add your thoughts!

Thanks!

All the best,
Karsten