[tor-dev] Draft of proposal "Migrate HS identity keys to Ed25519"
nickm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 3 20:30:47 UTC 2013
On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM, George Kadianakis <desnacked at riseup.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure what we should do. I think we should figure out how much
> stuff we want to change at this time:
> * Should we change nothing, stay still and wait for the "next gen
> hs" paper that might never arrive?
> * Should we change a few things we care about (keysize, #9001 etc.)
> and leave the rest for the "next gen hs" paper?
> * Or maybe we should start incrementally fixing everything we can and
> think again when we read the "next gen hs" paper?
> * Or maybe something else?
My thought is that we should write the best hidden services designs
and specifications that we currently can figure out how to write,
figure out what we _don't_ know how to write in it, and then decide
whether that merits delay or not.
We should also try to guess how compatible/incompatible what we don't
know how to do will be with what we *do* know how to do, and have that
influence or decisions too.
There could be a fine "next gen hs" design paper in the works, or
there might not, but IMO indefinite delay is a bad idea.
More information about the tor-dev