[tor-dev] regarding control spec for hidden service descriptor

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 04:20:27 UTC 2013

On 09/02/2013 05:01 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> On 9/2/13, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8510
>
>> 'fetchfail' or 'fetchok'
>
>> These two status need extended fields
>> fetchfail <why>
>> fetchok <which hsdir served it to us>
>
> 'fromcache' also needs <which hsdir served it to us>

Thanks for your suggestion! Following is my summary for the stuffs we
need to
add, let me know if I missed anything :)

# Asynchronous events for hs descriptors:

HS_DESC SP REQUESTED SP OnionAddress SP DescptorID SP AuthType SP HsDir
HS_DESC SP RECEIVED SP OnionAddress SP DescptorID SP AuthType SP HsDir
HS_DESC SP PUBLISHED SP OnionAddress SP DescptorID SP AuthType SP HsDir

# HS descriptor related extension to getinfo event:

request:

GETINFO desc/hs/n.onion [network]

where network is an optional argument, if given, will force refetch of HS's
descriptor.

response:

First line with one of following headers:

n.onion fromcache <which hsdir served it to us>
n.onion fetchfail <why>
n.onion fetchok <which hsdir served it to us>

Then prints out cached descriptor labels and data fields, one line per
field.
If cache is NULL, print empty body.

example:

C: GETINFO desc/hs/n.onion
S: 250+desc/hs/n.onion=
S: n.onion fromcache
S: [Descriptor for n.onion]
S: .
S: 250 OK

Another question:

How can I submit a patch to torspec repo? Create a ticket and attach my
patch?