[tor-dev] Torsocks 2.x issue - Need eyes on that

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:58:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM, David Goulet <dgoulet at ev0ke.net> wrote:

> To be honest, I am not sure what's the right fix here or if there is any
> way to lookup the symbol in a "special" way that would help here. Any
> idea or questions are VERY welcome :).

My first thought -- and I don't know how good it is -- is that perhaps
you could just *not* look at syscalls that occur during the dlsym
calls that you launch? In other words, disable the syscall override if
the current thread is already inside the dlsym() call inside your
syscall override.

Would that work?  What would it break, if anything?
--
Nick