[tor-dev] Chutney

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 11 15:23:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Charlie Belmer
<charlie.belmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am running some Chutney tests, and I want to go deeper than just running
> the bootstrap script and watching logs. Does anyone have advice on how to
> get the most out of Chutney?

I think the most there is right now is what you get by running "make
test-network" from your Tor source directory.  There's a little
validation script in chutney that waits for bootstrap and tries
sending a little traffic.

I would like to refactor that so that the number of tests that can be
run on a network is higher, and so that they are not so tightly
coupled to the main chutney script.  That could be a fun task for
somebody who likes refactoring blobby code.

best wishes
--
Nick