[tor-dev] Attentive Otter: Analysis of xmpp-client

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Mon Oct 7 19:39:24 UTC 2013

Jurre van Bergen wrote (07 Oct 2013 18:50:08 GMT) :
>> Unfortunately, it's not in Debian. I've found no RFP or ITP either.
>>
>> Anyone here with sufficient understanding of both Go and Debian
>> packaging, and wants to add it to Debian? Or should I file a RFP?
> I see:
> [~] apt-cache search golang

Sorry if I was unclear: with "it", I was referring to xmpp-client,
not to the Go tool chain.

Having the Go tool chain available is great, and a necessary first
step, but that's quite different from being able to `apt-get install
xmpp-client' and then see the upgrades and security fixes flow in just
like for basically all other software I'm running.

Hopefully I'm *not* starting yet another discussion about whether
per-language ways of distributing software (CPAN, go get, etc.) are
useful or not (I think they are), or about the pros & cons of the new
Grand Unified Software Repository™ (Github). Don't feed the troll :)

Cheers!
--
  intrigeri