[tor-dev] Sponsor F: update; next meeting [in *two weeks*]

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Tue Oct 1 13:14:22 UTC 2013

Matt Pagan:
> There still exists a bug in Mumble such that when network connections
> are routed through a proxy they leak DNS requests. This past month I've
> been reading QT documentation so that I can understand the Mumble code
> better and find the bug. After the meeting on IRC, velope suggested
> that fixing it might be as simple as implementing SOCKS5 with
> hostname. DNS leaks also occur with HTTP proxies, which shouldn't
> happen. See also: http://sourceforge.net/p/mumble/bugs/1033/

It's not as simple as implementing SOCKS5. Mumble contains a custom
async resolution logic. The code is not great to follow, that's why I
stopped the effort of trying to write a fix once Mikkel Krautz
acknowledged the issue.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>