[tor-dev] Development of an HTTP PT

Ximin Luo infinity0 at gmx.com
Tue Nov 19 00:47:44 UTC 2013

On 17/11/13 14:22, dardok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been reading about Selenium web-browser driver thing and I
> consider that is not very handy to do what an HTTP PT client side
> needs, that is to forge HTTP requests and embbed the TOR traffic into
> these HTTP requests.
>
> It is more oriented to emulated a web user interaction with a real
> browser (such as firefox, chrome, opera, ie, ...) and the interaction
> and testing of web apps from these browsers.
>
> Also I cannot see how to handle the responses from the server-side
> using this thing. Few functions seem to be interesting regarding HTTP
> protocol handling and manipulation, as I said before most of the
> functions present are related with the user interaction.
>
> The Python version can be installed easily: pip install selenium
>
> The already implemented functions can be read on this file:
> /usr/share/pyshared/selenium/selenium.py
>
> I didn't find any useful function to allow a HTTP PT (client side)
> embed the TOR traffic into HTTP requests (maybe some cookie function
> related) and extract the information sent by the HTTP PT server side
> (maybe some get_body_text() or get_text() funtion).
>
> So I am ready to consider that this option is not be useful to
> implement a HTTP PT client side. Anyway, I would like to discuss this
> point with someone interested in this topic.

Hey dardok, I am not an expert with any of these technologies at all, but perhaps you could look into this?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/mozrepl/

It's an extension you install that then lets you telnet-connect to it and control firefox - which means you could do that from a PT. (There might be an even cleaner interface for programmable access, telnet is just what's advertised on the front page.)

https://github.com/bard/mozrepl/wiki/Tutorial

This shows an example on how to visit a website (the remote bridge maybe) and get information out of the resulting page.

- --
GPG: 4096R/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
git://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git