[tor-dev] Apple App Store Redux

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Mon Nov 18 18:44:47 UTC 2013

* Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) <lists at infosecurity.ch> [2013:11:17 11:08 +0100]:
> I think, as already discussed here [1] and [2], that TBB *must* goes in
> all kind of application store.

Please see Ralf's reply to me elsewhere in the thread -- do you still think
this while taking into account what we know about US companies' cooperation the
NSA/USG with regards to turning over user data? Feels a bit like leading lambs
to slaughter. I'm not comfortable with Apple having access to that much user
information, especially tied to real names and credit card numbers and stuff.

We should try to increase adoption, yes, but not at the expense of our users'
safety, and the calculus involved is more complex than what you have presented
here.