[tor-dev] recreated website png diagrams as svg

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Nov 11 15:40:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 02:42:24PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Whilst we're on that topic, labelling the final link from the exit node
>to the destination as "unencrypted" is unnecessarily scary as well Perhaps
>we could reword it to "encrypted if destination service is encrypted"
>and the other links to "always-encrypted".

Great point.

But applying the word 'encrypted' for both Tor's crypto and the horrible
web CA model makes me itch.

How about "Encrypted by Tor" / "Not encrypted by Tor"?

With pointers in the text to
https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https
and
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/articles/circumvention-features.html#7