[tor-dev] bananaphone obfsproxy module

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Nov 7 12:35:36 UTC 2013

>>> It wouldn't surprise me if the obfsproxy API is suboptimal or broken
>>> in some ways. If you find a problem, please let me know.
>
> I need a way for the BananaphoneTransport to build the markov model before
> the initial client connect... but right now it looks like __init__ is
> called upon connect.
>
> validate_external_mode_cli runs during setup before the connect...
> should I use that to set a BananaphoneTransport class variable to the
> markov model?

Hm, if I understand correctly, you want to run some setup routine when
obfsproxy loads, and before the first connections happen.

You are right that '__init__' is called upon connect. We should document
this in its non-existent function docs.

Doing it in validate_external_mode_cli is an option, but I think even
clearer would be defining a new class method 'set_up' (or something) that
gets called on obfsproxy startup for each module. It should be a NOP for
most transports, but you can override it to build your markov model.

Does this make sense?