[tor-dev] next globe update feedback

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Tue Nov 5 08:44:04 UTC 2013

Philipp Winter:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 11:23:18AM -0800, Damian Johnson wrote:
> >> I worked on a new update for globe...
> >
> > Damn this is awesome! I'm tempted to link to this from our front page
> > (replacing Tor Browser in the project matrix on www.torproject.org,
> > since TBB is already the featured item on the download page).
>
> Actually, it should rather replace Atlas.  It no longer has an active
> maintainer (Karsten and I are just trying to keep it alive and fix small bugs)
> and is still not able to display bridge information.  Maybe it's time to retire
> Atlas in favour of Globe?

Quoting Karsten last July: “However, I don't have plans to retire Atlas
just yet. I think it's fine to have more than one website providing
access to Onionoo data. Yay, diversity.”
<https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-July/005122.html>

But the situation might have changed since then.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>