[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - May 2013

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon May 27 00:28:57 UTC 2013

Hi all. This is a little early but considering the time sink GSoC has
been I doubt I'll get much more done, so here's my status report for
May. The few stem tasks I've snuck in included...

* Added Ubuntu and Fedora to our download page [1], Fedora package is
thanks to Juan Orti
* Several testing fixes so our Jenkins tests runs now pass [2]
* The Controller mangled non-unicode descriptor content when using
python 3.x (caught thanks to aj00200, #8755)
* Expanded our client usage tutorial [3] to use SocksiPy and include
an example for polling Twitter (thanks to Ashish)
* Integ tests now assert ownership on the tor process (patch by Jeremy
Kushner, #8634)
* The DescriptorReader mishandled relative paths (patch from Kostas, #8815)
* Fix so the Controller cache is thread safe (patch by Akshit, #8607)
* Running our integ tests littered the /tmp directory (patch by Ashish, #8622)
* Improvements so we use the staticmethod decorator and new style
exception catching (patches from Sean, #8824 and #8823)

Cheers! -Damian

[1] https://stem.torproject.org/download.html
[2] https://jenkins.torproject.org/job/stem-tor-ci/
[3] https://stem.torproject.org/tutorials/to_russia_with_love.html