[tor-dev] Your server has not managed to confirm that its ORPort is reachable

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Sun May 19 01:32:33 UTC 2013

On Sat, 18 May 2013 at 17:24, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> Your relay launches reachability tests every 20 minutes, and it counts
> you as reachable if anybody succeeds at connecting (and making a Tor
> circuit) from the outside.

Ah, this could be it . This bridge[0] has notoriously _very_ low traffic[1]
although the instance is usually up 24x7, so maybe Tor just thought
it wasn't reachable, just because no one used the bridge.

> My first thought is to look at the "..." that you left out, and see if
> it's guessing its address wrong (and thus launching the reachability
> test to the wrong place).

No, the address printed there was the correct one.

Thanks,
Christian.

[0] http://paste.debian.net/5094/
[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-February/023363.html
--
BOFH excuse #251:

Processes running slowly due to weak power supply